Tuesday 10 May 2011

Pictures from our art group


Cathartic is an art group we set up at our local Library, for people who are Long-term ill or disabled. We won some funding for equipment and workshops, and have been getting around 10 people per week. It's really laid back and fun, and hopefully anyone of any level can enjoy it.

I'm totally not a natural painter at all, I'm more into crafts than art, but I am really pleased with how these went. As an ME sufferer, I find it very hard to concentrate and follow lessons, or find the energy and enthusiasm to learn something new. Starting with the basics, such as how to mix colours, is really helpful and rewarding.

Hopefully our group will continue and we can create some great artwork, I will have more of our work to post soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment